Monday, February 1, 2010

Home Organization Plan

Rachel here. Soooo... it's no secret that I HEART BLOGGING. It's a great outlet for me, and not to mention... as hard as it is for me sometimes to be a stay at home mom... I love being able to document my children's lives whether it be a first word or a first tantrum. Not only do I love writing my own blogs, but I also love reading others' blogs. I have what feels like a ton of blogs that I keep tabs on. Some belong to friends, some friends of friends, and some belong to complete strangers. I get some really great ideas for art projects to do with my girls, places to take them or visit, AND some great ideas/links for things to do around the house. This is where this post becomes relevant for this blog. :) While looking at a friend of a friend's blog, I stumbled upon this great website called "Just Mommies." It's full of tons of great resources, but my favorite is the "Home Organization Plan."

It basically provides you with a monthly/weekly/daily breakdown of chores to do around your home. Sad... maybe?! But for a stay at home mom who spends 98% of her day playing playdoh, watching "The Little Mermaid," doing happy "I peepeed in the potty" dances, and changing diapers... chores usually get thrown onto the back burner. Last week I literally spent the entire week decluttering the kitchen. I packed up/got rid of tons of stuff that we're not currently using or never used at all. The result... filth. Who knew there was nastiness under all that "junk?" :) It's very easy to get overwhelmed when you have tons of things that need to be done around the house. This site provides you with a little bit to do everyday. It also gives you a chance to catch up on all of your chores every 3 days. For example, here are my "chores" for today:

Monthly: Wipe down kitchen cupboards and pantry
Weekly: Laundry, change linens, and change bath towels
Daily: AM... Make beds, wipe down bathrooms, set out dinner
Afternoon... Chores, afternoon tidy
PM... Kids bath/brush/bed, and clean up the kitchen

Then you also have a "Monthly Challenge"... you have ALL month to work on this chore... this month's is to declutter/clean children's bedrooms.

I figure if I'm doing a little bit of everything everyday, we'll have this place in tip top shape before we know it! Then again this is my first day. :)

1 comment:

  1. I L.O.V.E this idea!!!! Thanks for sharing...the teacher in me needs to schedule and set some goals to get stuff done. Tim thanks you too;)

    ReplyDelete