Saturday, February 6, 2010

Home Organization Update

I heart my new home organization plan. It gives me just a few tasks to complete everyday, and it's so super manageable... I feel liberated. :) Dorky? Maybe, but I honestly feel like I have control, and in my world full of chaos... this is awesome. There are certain days I can't possibly get them done with the girls running around 24/7, but there are built in "catch up days". I'm still working on the bathrooms from a few days ago. ;)

I wouldn't say our home is messy, but I definitely think we could take more pride in it and our belongings. Getting our home ready for selling has been a huge wake up call for me. We are lucky enough to have a BEAUTIFUL home and really BEAUTIFUL things, but some days you wouldn't know it. :) Going through things has enabled me to see what we have, to see what I "had to have" at one point, and what we just don't need anymore and definitely what's not important.

This new organization plan has allowed me to really organize things, consistently manage the everyday chores, and fit in the completely off the wall chores. How often have you even considered wiping down the light switch plates and doorknobs? I mean seriously... that's some of the off the wall stuff I've been doing. Such little things, but they add up, and I sincerely notice a difference around here. Also... because I'm doing these ridiculous things, I tend to keep up with the larger everyday things better because I'm working so hard... I find myself getting uber annoyed at Bryan when he leaves ANYTHING laying around... it's kind of funny. :) I figure this'll be great when we start showing because the small details will always be done. It's also going to be a great set of plans for taking care of the new home when it's all said and done. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment