Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Hurdle crossed!

We are landowners! It's so super exciting and relieving! There were issues with the land being divided but apparently not according to the town... that was putting a damper on the appraisal. They ordered the appraisal anyways, appraised it according to the plat on file... everything seemed to work out because our loan went through! We're now the proud owners of 2.4 acres. I'm already so proud of us. A big goal of mine was to own my own home that wasn't attached to someone else's. It's amazing to me that we've done that and are now moving on to build our very own home.

There are SO MANY things to get done around here. As soon as I think I have some sort of plan, I get overwhelmed and change my mind. First it was "let's declutter the kitchen, fix the floor, paint..." blah di blah di blah. After I box things up, the box goes into the garage for storage until Bryan can get into the attic to organize. As boxes seem to be piling up, I'm realizing that I need to box up the things that are already in there to be able to better organize bins while I'm decluttering the rest of the house. Because we used our garage as another room of our house and not an actual garage... there is tons of stuff in there. So basically what I'm saying is... I'm working in the garage FIRST. :) We're packing everything into the 18 gallon plastic bins as opposed to boxes... of course that's a lot of bins, but we are forever using bins for something, and it's much easier to store things. Today I managed to pack up 2.5 bins worth of Hokie gear from the garage while Emma Grace was napping and Bryan was entertaining Reese... and that's not even all of it.

Hopefully as the process continues, we'll have more pictures to post dealing with both projects throughout this house and a couple things we'd like to get accomplished on the land this summer. Did I mention WE OWN LAND?! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment