Monday, March 29, 2010

Sure...

So, there hasn't been too much to report lately. We're waiting on some renovations until the weather is nicer and vacations/baby showers/birthday parties slow down a bit to get started. First on the list will be the breakfast nook/kitchen. I had my list set up and ready to go until this happened.

Our spare bathroom doesn't get much action unless it's football season or the girls are taking a bath. Even when the girls are in there, they AREN'T taking a shower. Well, my brother Aaron has been staying with us the last couple of weeks, so the shower gets used daily. One day last week, he finished showering... getting ready for work... I went in to the kitchen to get Reese some juice... nothing out of the ordinary. For some reason I glanced up to the ceiling and saw the yucky mess pictured above. I immediately yelled for Aaron to make sure he turned the water off. He already had. I then called Bryan and told him to race home because my ceiling was sure to collapse. :) After some thorough investigation, we discovered the leak.

We have one of those shower caddies hanging on our shower head with the girls' shampoos and whatnots in it. Basically the water coming out of the shower head was hitting the bottles causing the water to dribble down the front of the shower where the spouts are. The water was then leaking behind the faucet (which apparently was not all the way caulked) causing the leak, which then caused my ceiling to look tragic. Oy.

Luckily we caught it in time and are able to fix the damage without calling in a plumber! Hopefully a little securing and some paint will make it all super swell again. Here's to NO MORE silly problems! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment