Wednesday, March 31, 2010

The perfect dining room

So while the girls have been napping during the days, and I've pretended to get my "chores" completed, I've been looking at pictures of different rooms on the Internet in hopes of getting inspiration for our home here (to show) and for our nonexistent new home. :) The first room we'll be attacking here at 311 will be the breakfast nook/kitchen. We're currently using the nook area for our dining room and the dining room for the play room. We'll probably continue to use the nook as the dining room until we get closer to show time just because the dining room is right off of the living room, and it helps me when watching the girls play. As a whole, I'd say our style is modern country... if that makes sense. I love certain aspects of country like things looking aged/used, nothing is too matchy matchy, things are just kind of thrown together but look great, and I love that it all looks warm and homey.

The last couple of days I've found the following photos, but only likes bits and pieces of each. So basically if we put all of these together... PERFECTO!

Basically our dining furniture now is a honey color, but we'll soon be finishing it in distressed black. I'm not going to take a hammer or anything to it, but I think some sanding in some of the "natural ware" areas will look awesome. We also have a pie safe that is buffet level. In this photo I loved the buffet table with the two shelves above for personal family photos. TO DIE FOR! It's a wall that would make a huge impact on the overall room, and we would seriously need to buy two shelves, and call it a day. I already have the black frames currently hanging in our living room.
I also liked this wall of pictures. It's neat how they are all different frames, but they share that center line. Maybe an idea I'll use in another room.
I love love love this next one, and we have that exact corner hutch in the same honey finish as the dining furniture. This just seems like a great corner to me... just maybe not in white.

This next photo is kind of blah, but I LOVE THE GREEN HUTCH!

The chandeliers in the next two photos are awesome! How nice would dinner be with candles lit?

This next one is super homey looking... I love that buffet table, but again... we already have a cute little pie safe.
This is actually something I've already done in our current house... framing 3d objects. In our dining room now I have an old feed sack framed, and it looks awesome. I need to find more of those frames this summer.

Now to sell some of these ideas to B. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment