Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Design bathroom edition

 So when I'm nursing/cuddling with the wee bug, I'm on the computer.  I've read enough about the TomKat split, so my new obsession is Pinterest.  I've been on it for a while now, but have just started going through my boards and finding what can REALLY be used in our new abode.  I've found some really great design elements that are MUSTS.  We'll start with the bathrooms.

This is the layout of our master bathroom vanity.  The color of our cabinets, however, is the pottery barn worn black.  All of our hardware is brushed nickel.  I've nixed the contractor's build mirrors and instead opted to find my own. 
 I spotted these two beauties at the "cleaning the barn sale".  Yes I'm aware they are gold (will be spray painted black), and yes I'm aware they are two different sizes (I don't really care. :)  And also, I have another bathroom... possibly two... that also need mirrors, so these can always be separated... plus they were $40 TOTAL.).

You'll also notice in the above picture that there are no towel racks.  I think ours will be lacking as well (our friend's model didn't have them, so I'm preparing myself.), so I thought this was a great look and option.
 
We have two more full bathrooms, but I thought this was a really cute way to hang towels for the girls' bathroom.
 Instead of photos of their faces, I thought I'd finally put their street sign names to good use!  Now to find Berkley's sign.  I hear there is one in a neighboring town, if not I know I can go back home and find it there.
LOVE IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment