Thursday, July 19, 2012

Kitchen

This is the inspiration for our new kitchen.  The lighter colored cabinets were a must.  There aren't any windows in our kitchen as it's the most interior room on the main floor.  The only natural light is through the large bay window in the breakfast nook area.  We chose brushed nickel finishes for the hardware and the counter tops are a darker grey granite.  It looks really nice.  We'll also have the stainless appliances.  We're on our own though for the flooring, as Bryan has decided to tackle that on his own so that we could afford to do the upgrade.  He'll do hardwoods throughout the main floor and tile flooring in the kitchen.
 I'd really like a back splash, but I'm not really down with the mosaic tile style.  I really love the subway tile style or even this super cute beadboard.  Also with the darker walls, I'd definitely need to go lighter for the back splash.
These ideas have nothing to do with being pretty, but they have everything to do with being functional, and I will be doing each of them. :)  Thank you Pinterest... my new lover... in case you haven't caught on.

A magazine rack to hold cutting boards... goodness how have I lived this long?
 A tension rod in the drawer for pots/pans... DUH... almost seems silly that they aren't already installed doesn't it?  I also NEED to own some ramekins... because I think I should.
 Lazy susan in the fridge... imagine the space you'd save, and the annoyance of having to dig through things to find the mustard!
 Definitely going to spend the money on getting these containers.  I'm a bit annoyed at the spilled flour that is constantly hanging out in the bottom of my baking cabinet.  Now that I think of it... I should ask for these for Christmas!
Isn't design grand?

No comments:

Post a Comment