Thursday, July 19, 2012

For the girls

These photos are very helter skelter... no rhyme or reason, but I love all the elements.

The girls originally wanted to share a bedroom again.  We've since nixed that idea due to bedtime shenanigans.  It just seems so much more peaceful when they are separated. :)  This is the bedding Emma Grace chose (agreed to after I chose) for her new room. :)  I love it.  It's from JcPenney's, where I usually don't shop, but we were so pleased with Reese's quilt and baby furniture that I know I've made a great choice.  Plus... I REFUSE to spend Pottery Barn prices on things for children.  Nuff said. :)  That blue color there on the walls... that's the color the girls say they want on the walls in their rooms.  SOLD.  It'll be in all 3 girls' rooms along with their bathroom.  Not sure if we'll be dong a main focus wall like we did in the old house.  I'd like to have their rooms be the first ones done, so they can get used to their surroundings and feel like they have a bit of normalcy amongst the chaos moving in will bring.
 Because Reese will have the bonus room over the garage as her room, there isn't a closet built into the room.  I stumbled upon this little gem.  So cute right?!  Then I thought... I could turn that into a closet system!  We could put a top on it, maybe some doors on the bench portion or even a cute little curtain.  She has a dresser, so it would just be for hanging items.  I think it could work!
 The bonus room also has a little alcove in the front.  Reese will have a little reading nook.  SCORE!  It'll be a great spot for her to have some quiet time while others are napping or during one of her emotional break downs. :)
 We have adorable balloonish valances for the girls' windows along with the darkening roll blinds.  Ours will for sure be getting this little makeover.  Simply add some beautiful fabric to the front and voila!
 For each of the children:
 This would be BEAUTIFUL above a low lieing dresser... for Emma Grace.
-
 In search of old ugly light fixtures.  Each girl WILL have one of these!  Spray painting in the house!
 Reese just finished her first year of ballet/tap, so this WILL be how we display her little slippers.  Emma Grace starts this fall!
Can't wait 'til they have a place to call all their own!

No comments:

Post a Comment